Introduction to Writing Test
The following skills are tested in IELTS WRITING module:
1. How to properly answer a question.
2. How to organize ideas about a topic.
3. How to perfect your writing using various sentence structures and appropriate vocabularies.
Note: In both types of IELTS examination, these writing skills are tested.
Timing: The total time of IELTS WRITING examination is 60 minutes.
Two tasks: You will have to write on two topics in IELTS WRITING examination. These two topics are defined as writing task 1 and writing task 2. For IELTS WRITING TASK 1, you should write at least 150 words, on the other hand, for IELTS WRITING task 2, you should write at least 250 words.
Generally, you are told to spend 20 minutes for task 1 writing and 40 minutes for task 2 writing.
IELTS Academic Writing test :
1. Use formal language.
2. IELTS WRITING TASK 1 is about describing graph, chart or diagram.
3. IELTS WRITING TASK 2 is about descriptive, argumentative or analytical topic.
IELTS General Training Writing test :
IELTS WRITING TASK 1 is about letter writing.
2. same as academic IELTS WRITING TASK 2.
Note: You can use formal, semiformal or person style in letter writing.
A certified IELTS EXAMINER examines IELTS WRITING answer sheet.
IELTS WRITING TASK 2 demands more marks than IELTS WRITING TASK 1.
You can achieve fractional score in IELTS WRITING like 5.5, 6.5, etc.